Renounce & Enjoy !!!
O Lord, why do I forget you,
O Lord, Why do I forget you,
when I know you are primary,
and everything else is secondary,
they say I am intelligent,
but I know I am fool...
O Lord, why do I forget you,
when I know everything is transient,
you are permanent, O Lord
when everything else is lie,
you are the only truth, O Lord...
O Lord, why do I forget you...
Well no more ode, lets come to the point. Few days back during conversation with my friend, there came a quite familiar and homely word...Happiness, and my friend asked me if I could define "happiness"? (Ummm...Don't you think what the hell has been asked by my friend ? Did he got demented then?? Naah...I don't think so as I feel that only a wise person can ask such difficult exposition.) So lets try...
Happiness...ummm, The definition of happiness varies from person to person as well as from one stage of life to another. I feel that to renounce and enjoy may be possible mantra that conforms to everyone's definition of happiness. but there is a danger of misinterpreting the concept of renunciation. It's not the gloominess of self denial but the extinguishing of the candle because the dwan has arrived.
Most of us live out our lives assuming that existing resources are insufficient to fulfil our needs. This thought process leads us to scarcity and so there arise struggle, each person fighting for himself which is nothing but social Darwinism based on economics of materialism. While happiness is based on spiritual economics which begins not from the assumed scarcity of matter but from the verifiable infinity of contentment.
The above argument may sound logical and convincing, but how practical is it? In our pursuit of happiness, we must be wrong somewhere; for happiness seems to have become a rare commodity. We generally try to seek happiness through material acquitions and find our quest is futile. Even though we tire ourselves in search of happiness; its doubtful if we would recognise it if we did find it. Do we really know what makes or may make us happy? A successful person according to society standards may or may not be happy person.
In brief, happiness has nothing to do with possessions, power or physical wealth. Happiness is state of contentment that comes with peace of mind. We'll find ourselves happy when we stop comparing our life and physical wealth with others. We must accept the fact that there are some things in life which we cann't change or not in our control. Happiness results from a fulfilling relationship with God. And God has provided enough for everyone's need but may not for everyone's greed.....
O Lord, Why do I forget you,
when I know you are primary,
and everything else is secondary,
they say I am intelligent,
but I know I am fool...
O Lord, why do I forget you,
when I know everything is transient,
you are permanent, O Lord
when everything else is lie,
you are the only truth, O Lord...
O Lord, why do I forget you...
Well no more ode, lets come to the point. Few days back during conversation with my friend, there came a quite familiar and homely word...Happiness, and my friend asked me if I could define "happiness"? (Ummm...Don't you think what the hell has been asked by my friend ? Did he got demented then?? Naah...I don't think so as I feel that only a wise person can ask such difficult exposition.) So lets try...
Happiness...ummm, The definition of happiness varies from person to person as well as from one stage of life to another. I feel that to renounce and enjoy may be possible mantra that conforms to everyone's definition of happiness. but there is a danger of misinterpreting the concept of renunciation. It's not the gloominess of self denial but the extinguishing of the candle because the dwan has arrived.
Most of us live out our lives assuming that existing resources are insufficient to fulfil our needs. This thought process leads us to scarcity and so there arise struggle, each person fighting for himself which is nothing but social Darwinism based on economics of materialism. While happiness is based on spiritual economics which begins not from the assumed scarcity of matter but from the verifiable infinity of contentment.
The above argument may sound logical and convincing, but how practical is it? In our pursuit of happiness, we must be wrong somewhere; for happiness seems to have become a rare commodity. We generally try to seek happiness through material acquitions and find our quest is futile. Even though we tire ourselves in search of happiness; its doubtful if we would recognise it if we did find it. Do we really know what makes or may make us happy? A successful person according to society standards may or may not be happy person.
In brief, happiness has nothing to do with possessions, power or physical wealth. Happiness is state of contentment that comes with peace of mind. We'll find ourselves happy when we stop comparing our life and physical wealth with others. We must accept the fact that there are some things in life which we cann't change or not in our control. Happiness results from a fulfilling relationship with God. And God has provided enough for everyone's need but may not for everyone's greed.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home